Thursday, June 14, 2007

Yarn Thief!

Last night I decided to knit some angora baby booties for my niece's newborn daughter. Hit the stash for some beautiful variegated pink angora, and began the booties from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Put down the knitting for a few minutes (but did not ZIP my knitting bag), and when I sat down again to finish the first bootie, I made a sad discovery. My evil Golden Retriever, Biscuit (who has been known to have intimate contact with yarn before), had bitten off the ball of yarn........and I'm fairly certain she ate it.

Of course I am concerned that the yarn successfully makes it way through my dog, but I'm still pretty pissed off. Now I have to break out another ball of angora from my stash.......and try to get the bootie back on the needles. Such a sweet, simple project; gotta let the frustration go. Last time Biscuit ate an (admittedly) small ball of silk I had spun--probably the best spinning I'd ever done, no doubt due to the beautiful silk I was working with. It was eventually deposited in various locations in the backyard, by the evil retriever. I guess I should have known better. The scent of rabbit was just too enticing!

2 comments:

Shenoa said...

did that yarn ever show up in the yard? what a naughty dog!!!

Steven said...

I clicked on the "next blog" from my blog, and found this humorous post. I also have a golden. Sometimes I wish she had enough energy to steal and eat stuff! I swear, she is the laziest animal, at only 5 years old.